Shout out to Bex cause this is where I saw the tag. I am sort of indifferent to Christmas due to my mother. Every holiday she is depressed about something and cries, thus ruining it for those around her. This year probably won’t be any different.
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
I always watch the same 4 films around this time of year. Home Alone, Elf, Friday After Next, and Bad Santa. I can’t choose one film for my liking that would be too hard.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I am honestly not 100% sure but I hope I won’t get one in the future. I hate snow.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Always with my guilt tripping mother.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
That Was The Worst Christmas Ever! by Sufjan Stevens. It sums up my feelings on Christmas. It’s a sad song but it gives you a glimmer of hope.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
When I was younger my family had a tradition, we would go to my great grandmothers house, stay till midnight and open the gifts. Eventually my father put an end to that and I am glad he did because opening gifts on Christmas Eve sucks.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
On Steven, on Fluffy, on Horace and Chantel, on Skippy, and Rainbow and Patches and Montel. Thanks South Park.
7. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
One year we had a real tree and the little pine leaves were everywhere but the smell was awesome. Besides that one time, we always have a fake tree.
8. What is your all time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
I love eggnog. Eggnog is the best. I don’t understand how people don’t like it. Eggnog is the happiest thing on earth.
9. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Every year we visit the Christmas Tree in Manhattan, I don’t know of any state / city that does anything similar. But I would love to see how Disney World decorates for the Christmas holidays. I would probably want to visit Disney.
10. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I think I am a bit in the middle. Sometimes my presents look like a pro did it, then there are times when my present wrapping skills are clearly shitty.
11. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love giving gifts to Nico, but lets be honest, getting gifts is always 10x better.
12. What makes the holiday special for you?
Having the day off from work.
Bonus! 13. What are some of the worst gifts you got?
My grandma got me this work out doll that had a penis. There was a legit penis. I wouldn’t say it was the worst though, but its definitely something I laugh about. Also one year I got the same gift twice, it wasn’t the worst but when one had to be returned I was sad. My dad got me an ipod and then my mother got me an ipod too. My dad ended up taking his back.