Growing up in the late 90’s early 00’s was the best. Even though I wish I would have grew up in the early 90’s I guess I really can’t complain. I was obsessed with SO many things. I went through so many fads. These are some I was obsessed with.
- Legos: I don’t know why this is on the list. I still play with legos, I have a bucket filled with the mini ones. If you look on my Instagram I have a house I built from when I worked at the YMCA.
- Tamagotchi: I had a whole bunch of these and so did my cousins. Unfortunately, mine would always die within days.
- Polly Pocket: I secretly loved these and would steal my sisters.
- N64: Pokemon Snap & Super Smash Bros. were my life.
- Pogs: Remember trying to trade these during lunch in secret so you wouldn’t get in trouble? I was into Pogs so hardcore.
- Lite-Brite: Just thinking about the fun I had with my lite brite makes me want to buy another one.
- Power Rangers: I wanted to be the gold ranger so bad.
- Plastic Blow Up furniture: I had a purple couch and it deflated after a month.
- Trading Cards: I used to collect Pokemon Cards my early years of elementary school, my father would call them “Pokeman Cards” and would always threaten to throw them out. Bastard. I also collected Yu Gi Oh cards, I still have a few. Charles stole my Blue Eye White Dragon. Fucker.
- Mood Rings: I would always look at mine to determine my mood.
- Lisa Frank: I had notebooks, pencils, bags, stickers (I still do have stickers), and a bunch more crap. I was a Lisa Frankoholic.
- Goosebumps: I tried my hardest to read all of them, my favorite by far was, “Let’s Get Invisible!” because there was no happy ending.
Did anybody ever make fun of you for liking something? A lot of my friends didn’t like Lisa Frank and I often got made fun for my obsession. But you know what they say
Any fads you grew up with that gives you feels?